Computer Documentation Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
in the preparation, production, and distribution of training
materials, documentation, and publications to support various
university hardware and software systems. All work is reviewed for
adherence to standards, clarity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
classification is the first in a series of three, and is
distinguished from the second level in that this is a training
Examples of Duties:
- Writes and edits copy for a variety of computer related
publications including tutorials, user documentation, short
course material, news bulletins, and general information pieces.
- Assists in the production of printed publications utilizing
desktop publishing products and standard graphic arts tools and
- Attends and participates on-the-job and/or formal training
sessions concerning the writing and editing of computer related
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of grammar and spelling.
- Knowledge of general computing principles and basic
- Skill in writing, editing and in organizing information in a
clear, concise, and cohesive manner.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years' college course work in Computer Science, Information
Sciences, or Technical Communications, and coursework in English;
OR, One year of computing or technical writing experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Computer Documentation Specialist Principal Job Description