Computer Graphic Artist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
word charts, graphs and illustration slides for presentation slides
on a computer-generated graphic system. Works with clients to
determine needs for an effective presentation.
first in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from
the Computer Graphics Artist Senior in that it is the entry level
and incumbents do not train new personnel or delegate work
Examples of Duties:
- Designs, creates and inputs graphics, illustrations and text
into computerized system for the development of finished slides.
- Coordinates with client to determine intent of presentation
and to acquire additional information as required.
- Creates proofs for clients for inspection prior to
completion of final product; revises work as necessary.
- Check slides for accuracy, design, color, format alignment
- Maintains file management system of completed jobs for ease
of retrieval for repeated use.
- Process film and mounts slides.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of design, layout and illustration.
- Knowledge of typography and statistical data display and
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in typing and basic personal computer usage.
Associate' s degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts or related field
AND one year experience in graphic or commercial design work; OR,
Three years of graphic or commercial design experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Computer Graphic Artist Lead Job Description