Computer Site Support Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises the day-to-day operational activities of a multiple
shift, multiple computing site and media services environment,
including staff and business operations. Works closely with other
areas in the organization to facilitate improved systems and
services related to student computing services and media services.
a unique classification and not part of a series. Incumbent will
supervise shift supervisors that are typically responsible for a
single shift. Must be thoroughly familiar with all operational
aspects of the systems and services related to the student computing
sites, and media services. Must have considerable technical,
analytical, audio-visual and computer support skills. Responsible
for training, change planning, and coordination.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Trains support staff on a variety of operational processes,
systems and techniques related to students computing sites,
media services and customer service.
- Leads and coordinates implementations of hardware and
software changes in the student computing sites.
- Plans and recommends staffing requirements and monitors
efficient use of the operational and staffing budgets.
- Evaluates internal systems and procedures and provides
direction and project management skills necessary to develop and
- Recommends designs and plans for new and renovated student
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill to effectively communicate with all levels of
management, faculty, staff, students and vendors.
- Skill to manage multiple projects/tasks that span multiple
shifts, heavy customer contact and tight deadlines.
- Skills to effectively manage budgets.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures
related to the operation of a multiple shift, multiple student
computing site environment.
- Skills in customer service practices and teamwork
- Computer skills with the ability to use applicable system
and application software.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
Bachelor's degree AND two years related work experience which
includes one year supervisory experience; OR, Associate's degree AND
three years related work experience which includes one year
supervisory experience; OR, Four years related work experience which
includes one year supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Computer Support Supervisor Job Description