Construction Contracts Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Negotiates and interprets design and construction contracts; assists
in compiling and preparing contract bid documents; establishes and
maintains contract records; and ensures compliance with contractual
terms and conditions.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates the negotiation of all contracts.
- Interprets contract provisions to help resolve claims and
questions submitted by contractors.
- Receives requests; obtains estimates; updates records,
initiates paperwork and follows up on request for approval of
work not previously covered in the contract; processes and
obtains approval of contract changes.
- Monitors compliance of contract requirements ensuring all
conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice.
- Initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors
concerning contractual problems as requested by Construction
- Establishes and updates records of all correspondence
related to contract activity.
- Assists in compiling and preparing bid documents and bidders
list, including inquiry preparations, request for bids and
recommendations for award of contract.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of requirements for acquiring professional design
and construction services in accordance with current Arizona
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating building
- Skill in negotiating, writing and interpreting contractual
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or
Structural Engineering or related field AND five years of
construction experience, which includes two years' experience in
field contract administration; OR, Nine years' progressively
responsible construction experience, which includes two years'
experience in field contract administration; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Construction Estimator Job Description