Electrical Assistant Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises Electricians and trades helpers in the repair,
maintenance, and installation of electrical systems.
third in a series of four classifications. This classification
typically reports to the Electrical Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Assigns and inspects the work of Electricians and Trades
Helpers and initiates corrective measures to meet established
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage
schedules, priority of electrical expenditures, and procedures
for equipment and appliance maintenance.
- Reviews plans for future buildings, and inspects new
buildings to ensure compatibility with existing electrical codes
and maintenance standards.
- Determines material and labor estimates.
- Selects and requisitions materials.
- Maintains time, payroll, and material records and submits
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
the electrical trade.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and
- Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all
types of electrical system equipment and components.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements of
electrical work projects.
- Skill in leading the work of others.
years of progressively responsible electrical repair and maintenance
experience which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR,
Completion of a four-year federally approved technical training
program in electrical repair and maintenance AND four years of
electrical repair and maintenance experience which includes one year
of lead experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Electrical Supervisor Job Description