Electrician Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Repairs, maintains, and installs wiring, motors, transformers,
generators, lighting, and other electrical systems. This is a
journey-level position. Working conditions include restricted
movement, dirty environment, hazardous materials, lifting and
carrying heavy objects.
first in a series of four classifications. This classification
typically reports to the Electrician Lead.
Examples of Duties:
- Installs, repairs, and maintains motors, transformers,
generators, lights, appliances, circuits, wiring, and other
electrical system equipment and components in compliance with
electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Operates a variety of electrical testing equipment in
locating and determining types of electrical malfunctions.
- Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to
determine work requirement and sequence of repairs and/or
- Repairs and maintains high voltage systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
the electrical trade.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and
- Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage
- Skill in the installation, repai,r and maintenance of all
types of electrical system equipment and components.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of progressively responsible journey level electrical
experience; OR, Completion of a four-year federally approved
technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and
two (2) years electrical experience; OR, Any equivalent combination
of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge,
skills and abilities have been achieved. Requires a current Arizona
driver's license upon employment.
Next: Electrician Lead Job Description