Foreign Language Interpreter/Translator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Translates spoken and written words from one language into another.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Interprets spoken statements from one language into another.
- Translates documents, correspondence, forms, and other
written material from one language into another.
- Rewrites material from one language into another.
- Maintains records of materials translated and interpreting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of written and verbal form of appropriate foreign
language and English depending on area of assignment.
- Skill in interpreting and translating the appropriate
language into/from English depending on area of assignment.
years' experience in translating and/or interpreting the appropriate
language into/from English; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: General Maintenance Assistant Supervisor Job Description