Grant and Contract Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates and administers grant and contract proposals and
subsequent awards in conjunction with a centralized sponsored
program administration unit. Writes, reviews and prepares related
proposals, reports and educational materials and coordinates their
distribution. Monitors awarded projects and prepare budget
projections, financial statements, reports and complex analyses
according to state, university or sponsor requirements.
distinguished from other sponsored program classifications in that
incumbents function as liaisons with the centralized sponsored
program administration personnel and are involved from pre-award
stages through termination of grant or contract. This classification
is typically found at the college or departmental level. This is the
first in a series of two classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Collaborates and works closely with centralized sponsored
program administration in performance of tasks.
- Consolidates, writes or rewrites proposal input; assists
faculty and staff in the development of proposals with emphasis
on sponsor identification and budget preparation; interprets
sponsoring agency guidelines to ensure compliance with all
sponsor, state, and university requirements.
- Reviews pre-award documents for compliance with policies;
analyzes and negotiates terms and conditions of pre-award.
- Examines and approves expenditures for sponsored projects
accounts of the college, ensuring compliance with all
restrictions and specifications of sponsor and university.
- Prepares regular and complex special reports, financial
statements, forms or studies for sponsor and department or
university; utilizes past reports, the university accounting
system and other resources.
- Advises and counsels faculty and staff regarding procedures,
pertinent developments, account status or alternatives for
various sponsored programs.
- Sets up new accounts and closes accounts after termination
dates in accordance with established procedures; insures all
required reports are sent to sponsor for project termination.
- Plans, arranges and participates in workshops and seminars
to promote participation in the proposal process.
- Coordinates and disseminates information to faculty and
staff on potential research opportunities and funding sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of various funding
- Knowledge of research methods and grant and contract
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Administration or related
field AND one year directly related experience; OR, Five years of
directly related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Grant and Contract Coordinator Senior Job Description