Groundskeeper Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Groundskeepers in the maintenance of grounds and grounds
construction activities. Working conditions include dirty
environment, extreme temperatures, lifts or carries heavy objects.
second in a series of five classifications. This classification
typically reports to the Grounds Crew Chief.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates the activities of subordinates.
- Coordinates and assigns work to Groundskeepers in the
maintenance of shrubs, trees, lawns, planting areas, sprinkler
systems, and area watering lines.
- Trains and assists in providing orientation to new
- Inspects work of personnel and recommends corrective
measures to meet established standards.
- Maintains labor and cost records and requisitions materials,
supplies, and equipment as required.
- Operates large power and field mowers, hand tools, and large
vehicles associated with ground maintenance and landscaping
- Schedules and coordinates irrigation and watering activities
as required in assigned area.
- Trims and prunes a variety of trees and shrubs as required.
- Shovels and removes snow and ice from designated areas such
as roofs, sidewalks, and entryways as required.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools
- May operate various snow removal equipment and garbage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, and procedures of grounds
construction and care.
- Knowledge of fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides used
in grounds care and gardening.
- Skill in operating grounds maintenance and grounds
construction equipment and tools.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in coordinating the work activities of self and
years of grounds maintenance experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Some positions
in this classification may be required to obtain a current Type D
Arizona driver's license upon employment.
Next: Hazardous Waste Specialist Job Description