Landscape Architectural Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Performs professional landscape architectural work and acts as a
consultant in negotiations of construction projects with outside
agencies in contractual arrangements.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Schedules projects and monitors progress and completion of
daily landscape architectural projects.
- Coordinates projects for optimum production in areas of
content, personnel, and cost effectiveness.
- Reviews and/or prepares project specifications and drawings
prior to release for bids or for further internal use.
- Prepares departmental budget and cost estimates for proposed
- Prepares procedural documents regarding landscape
architectural design methods, processes, guidelines, content
requirements and detailed engineering guidelines relevant to
landscape architectural planning.
- Acts as a consultant in contractual arrangements for
university construction programs involving outside agencies.
- Supervises students and provides technical direction to
- Plans, through self-initiated programs as well as assigned
projects, opportunities to improve the landscape architecture at
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of landscape architecture, urban design, and
landscape architectural principles including details and
specifications, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of building materials, plant materials, and
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local facility and code
- Knowledge of structural, mechanical, and electrical
engineering relating to landscape architectural design and
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in the drafting of landscape architectural plans.
- Skill in planning, organizing work, and supervising others.
Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field AND
four years of landscape architectural experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Legal Assistant Job Description