Mail Services Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and manages the daily operations of the Mail Services unit of ASU.
a unique classification. The Mail Services Assistant Manager is
distinguished from the Mail Services Supervisor in that it
supervises the first line supervisors in the performance of Mail
Services' operations and assists in establishing Mail Services'
goals and objectives.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Assists in the preparation of Mail Services' budget by
forecasting equipment purchase and repair, labor costs and
projected postage requirements; monitors projects and operations
with respect to costs and performance.
- Develops ways to reduce Mail Services' operational costs;
implements cost savings programs and procedures to enhance
- Promotes Mail Services throughout ASU by providing
information on Mail Services through presentations and Mail
Services' facility tours.
- Recommends changes to Mail Services' policies and
procedures; maintains policy and procedure manuals for Mail
Services operations; informs staff of policy and procedure
- Participates in and assists in the development of Mail
Services' goals and objectives.
- Conducts staff meetings as necessary with respect to postal
regulations and routing information changes.
- Maintains a safe working environment and complies with OSHA
and risk management regulations.
- Designs and develops documentation and coordinates the
collection of data for the preparation of reports for mail
processing and production; analyzes data and recommends and
staffing, equipment and operating procedure changes as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of budgetary procedures, fiscal projections and
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, and
applications appropriate to mail operations.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Customer service skills.
Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field AND two years of
related operating experience, which includes two years of
supervisory experience; OR, Associate’s degree in Business or a
related field AND four years of related operating experience, which
includes two years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience, training and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Mail Services Manager Job Description