Parking Appeals Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises parking appeals section and reviews, evaluates and
adjudicates parking violations contested by university faculty,
staff, students or visitors.
second in a series of two classifications and is the first line
supervisor of the appeals section. Incumbents in this classification
interpret guidelines and provide guidance to Parking Appeals
Officers and typically report to the Parking and Transportation
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Reviews mailed-in or in-person appeals regarding parking
violation notices from faculty, staff, students and visitors and
renders a decision by applying established guidelines or
- Reviews, authorizes or denies requests for waivers of the
established deadline for filing appeals.
- Sends title searches, reviews logs, visits site of violation
to research appeals and outstanding violations.
- Compiles weekly activity reports of appeals processed,
violations and adjudications.
- Reviews appeals made to parking appeals board for validity
of claims and possible adjudication of violations.
- Maintains and tracks logs and files for temporary permits,
boot reports, lot checks, meters, disabled vehicles, stolen
decals and other information related to the tracking of parking
- Conducts historical research of office activities and
compiles statistical reports on the current and historical
activities including numbers of violations, appeals and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general parking practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Associate's degree in Business Administration or a related field AND
three years' experience in administration of parking services which
includes one year lead experience; OR, Five years' experience in the
administration of parking services which includes one year lead
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Parking Attendant Job Description