Photography Laboratory Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates activities involving facilities and equipment of
photography laboratory facilities. Monitors laboratory facilities,
budgets, inventory and equipment.
the first in a series of two classifications. Incumbents in this
classification are distinguished from the Photography Laboratory
Coordinator Senior in that the Photography Laboratory Coordinator is
responsible for three or less facilities used by university
photography students and is not responsible for setting up new
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates daily activities of one or more photography
laboratories including scheduling, usage and supervision of
laboratory student monitors.
- Monitors photography laboratory facilities non-capital
budgets ensuring expenditures are within budgetary limitations.
- Monitors maintenance of laboratory equipment and facilities
and ensures equipment is in working condition; arranges for
repair of equipment or facilities as required.
- Assists students utilizing photography laboratories; answers
question, resolve problems and instruct in appropriate
processing methods and techniques.
- Maintains inventory of photography laboratory equipment and
supplies; determines demand for additional equipment and
supplies and advises supervisor of need.
- Provides demonstrations to photography classes per faculty
request regarding proper usage of facilities and techniques of
- Assists with development of laboratory policies and
procedures such as equipment check out procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skill in methods and techniques of photography
and photo processing.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Associate's degree in Photography or related field AND one year
experience in photography and darkroom coordination; OR, Three years
experience in photography and darkroom management; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Photography Laboratory Coordinator Senior Job Description