Police Aide Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Maintains security and safety of people and property on the
university campus by enforcing university rules and regulations.
a specialized classification and not part of a series. This
classification is distinguished from Security Officer in that the
incumbent patrols the campus on foot, bicycle and vehicle, assists
in emergency calls, completes police reports, directs traffic, and
issues parking citations. This position is distinguished from Police
Officer series in that the incumbent is not armed, does not issue
tickets for moving violations, and does not fill out reports for
Examples of Duties:
- Patrols the campus on foot, bicycle and vehicle.
- Locks and unlocks campus buildings.
- Responds to emergency calls for service such as minor
traffic accidents, medical injuries and emergencies, minor theft
reports, fires and criminal damage.
- Completes police reports on minor incidents that do not
involve felony investigations.
- Directs traffic at special events and accident scenes.
- Issues parking citations.
- Provides motorists assists to the public.
- Fills in for police radio dispatchers in their absence.
- Communicates with campus community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic security or police procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with public.
School Diploma or GED and six months' customer service experience;
OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Possession of a current Arizona Class D driver's license is required
Next: Police Aide Lead Job Description