Printing Equipment Operator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Operates offset printing press and related equipment in order to
produce printed material based on specifications of job order.
first in a series of two classifications. It is distinguished from
the Printing Equipment Operator, Senior in that incumbents in this
classification do not operate complex press equipment and jobs are
of a routine nature. Incumbents will be exposed to adverse noise
levels and must work within established deadlines inherent to the
Examples of Duties:
- Adjusts and sets up press for each job according to job
specifications which includes mixing ink, selecting appropriate
paper stock and changing machine controls according to thickness
- Operates offset presses to produce printed copies of
materials such as letterheads, envelopes and business cards.
- Operates folding machine, stapler or other bindery
equipment, as needed; Assists with packaging jobs or stuffing
envelopes as needed.
- Maintains records of work in progress.
- Examines completed jobs to determine if quality standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skill in operation of printing equipment.
- Knowledge of ink, paper and chemicals used in printing and
- Skill in following both verbal and written communication.
Completion of a vocational training program; OR, Six months
experience in operation of printing presses and related equipment;
OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Printing Equipment Operator Senior Job Description