Printing and Reproduction Services Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises daily operations of central university printing services
including facilities and personnel. Assigns and prioritizes work,
schedules staff, maintains supply inventory and establishes quality
standards. Incumbents may be exposed to adverse noise levels and
perform work within deadlines inherent to the printing industry.
third in a series of five classifications and is distinguished from
the Printing and Reproduction Services Specialist in that the
incumbents have full supervisory responsibilities and typically
oversee a larger operation with more diverse functions. This
classification is distinguished from the Printing and Reproduction
Services Supervisor, Senior in that incumbents do not supervise
first line supervisors.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Confers with customers regarding job specifications; advises
customer on most cost effective materials and methods and
informs them of progress of job in production.
- Provides cost estimates to customers based on job
specifications; prepares billings for jobs based on materials
and labor costs.
- Maintains supply inventory; determines supplies needed and
orders them according to department procedures.
- Develops work methods and procedures and establishes quality
standards; checks quality of finished jobs to ensure adherence
- Maintains maintenance schedule on machines; arranges for
repair of equipment as required.
- Operates printing, bindery and photocopy equipment and
related machinery as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skill in operation and maintenance of
printing, bindery and related equipment.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years experience in the operation of various printing, photocopying
and bindery equipment and machinery which includes one year lead
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Printing and Reproduction Services Supervisor Senior Job Description