Radiology Technologist Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Performs radiology procedures on clients in a university student
health center for diagnostic purposes. Supervises work of other
second in a series of two classifications and is distinguished by
the supervisory responsibility for Radiology Technologist.
Incumbents are required to lift or turn clients and work with
potentially hazardous radiation.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises and coordinates the work activities of
- Positions and prepares clients for radiology procedures,
deciding on techniques and views to best demonstrate injury or
- Adjusts x-ray machine to proper setting for each
examination; determines type of exposure and size of film
- Coordinates the processing and/or processes and develops
x-ray films by using a x-ray developing processor machine; gives
developed x-rays to clinician to read.
- Enters radiology procedure data into computer, coding data
for billing purposes.
- May type radiology reports from dictaphone and delivers
report to clinician.
- Formulates new positioning techniques to better serve the
- Maintains records, reports, and files of x-ray procedures
- Inventories and requisitions supplies.
- Schedules client appointments with outside providers for
tests not performed in a student health center.
- Recommends purchase of new equipment.
- Purges outdated film and moves into storage area.
- Maintains x-ray equipment by adding chemicals, performing
minor repairs and keeping equipment in clean working order.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of radiographic procedures and standards.
- Skill in operation of radiology equipment.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Completion of a two year training program from an accredited school
of radiology technology AND four years of radiology technologist
experience, which includes one year of lead or supervisory
experience. Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT). Licensed by the State of Arizona Medical
Radiologic Technologist Board of Examiners.
Next: Recycling Service Worker Job Description