Residence Hall Facilities and Services Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
administrative direction, manages the facilities and services unit
of the residence halls. Annually develops, implements, and revises
the facilities and services policies and procedures and budget.
Reports to the Director of Residential Life and Assistant Dean,
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Develops and implements plans for the direction and
supervision of residence hall facilities and services and for
the improvement of existing methods in the maintenance of
- Plans, develops, and revises yearly budget for residence
hall facilities and services and monitors that residence hall
facilities and services is functioning within established
parameters; reviews budget and expenditures with the Director of
- Reviews and revises current residence hall facilities and
services policies and procedures to improve quality and quantity
of services provided.
- Produces reports and statistical analysis of work order
completion, issuance, aging reports, and delivery of materials.
- Prepares/coordinates special projects assigned by the
Director of Residential Life.
- Works with contractors on projects and prepares bids for
work to be done.
- Monitors the acquisition and use of materials and equipment.
- Plans and monitors long and short-term projects for
- Maintains ADA records and hardware requirements for
- Serves as departmental liaison with various campus
- Serves on campus/departmental committees as a representative
of Residence Life.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of operational aspects in a residential hall
- Knowledge of general maintenance, painting, and custodial
principles, practices, and techniques.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
- Skill in applying principles, practices, and techniques in
all crafts managed.
Bachelorís degree in Business Administration or related field and
five years of residence hall management experience which includes
three years of supervisory experience; OR, nine years of residence
hall management experience which includes three years of supervisory
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Residence Hall Facilities Coordinator Job Description