Sheetmetal Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises employees in the fabrication, installation, and repair of
sheetmetal products and equipment.
second in a series of two classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises, assigns, and coordinates the work activities of
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage
schedules, priority of sheetmetal expenditures, and procedures
for equipment maintenance.
- Estimates material and labor.
- Monitors the acquisition and use of materials.
- Maintains time, payroll, work order, material, equipment,
and other sheetmetal shop records, and submits reports as
- Interprets University and department policies to assigned
personnel, enforces safety regulations, and adheres to codes and
- Ensures budgeting guidelines are met; prioritizes
expenditures to stay within budget; assists in the preparation
of capital and operations budgets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and
- Knowledge of sheetmetal and welding techniques.
- Skill in fabrication, installation, and repair of sheetmetal
and related products or equipment.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements of work
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of sheetmetal experience, which includes one year of
supervisory experience; OR, Completion of a four year federally
approved technical training program in sheetmetal AND two years of
sheetmetal experience which includes one year of lead experience;
OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Sheetmetal Technician Job Description