Student Services Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
in providing administrative or operations support to an assigned
department, assisting with general administration duties and
projects which require a thorough knowledge of a complete and
specialized function. Incumbents apply this specialized functional
knowledge to independently analyze and respond to administrative
matters within established limits.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Assists in development of new programs including program
materials, policies or procedures, and marketing and promotional
- Coordinates programs as assigned.
- Under direction of supervisor, engages in recruitment and
- Assists in specialized administrative, operational or
technical projects in area of assignment.
- Analyzes procedures and makes recommendations for
- Maintains databases and prepares reports as needed.
- Collaborates with assigned senior staff member in order to
gain working knowledge and experience related to department
administration or operations.
- Coordinates, schedules and tracks progress of specialized
work projects or departmental functions.
- Responds verbally or in writing to inquiries, complaints or
problems and makes necessary adjustments of a non-routine
- Assists in developing workshops, meetings, seminars and
activities as directed and coordinates logistics and appropriate
- Acts as primary contact for assigned function with outside
organizations or other departments; responds to technical
administrative or operational questions and ensures necessary
- Participates in special projects with staff as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational practices.
- Knowledge and skill in office procedures.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and terminology of
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in working with diverse populations.
- Skill in establishing priorities.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
- Sill in use of personal computer and related software
Bachelorís degree, OR, Four (4) years of administrative and/or
program experience: OR, Any equivalent combination of education
and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Student Services Coordinator Assistant Job Description