Technology Support Analyst Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Provides first-line support to users of information technology
tools. Work typically involves fielding questions and giving basic
instruction, and/or routine delivery, installation, setup and
maintenance of computer hardware and software and media equipment.
the first in a series of six classifications. Incumbents typically
perform routine tasks in only one or two areas and use established
procedures whereas incumbents in the second level perform more
varied work, do some troubleshooting, and make some recommendations
Examples of Duties:
- Responds to routine user questions on operation of computer
hardware and software and media equipment.
- Provides instruction on basic functions of technology tools,
usually in a one-to-one environment; may deliver formal
instruction using courses developed by others.
- Installs/delivers and sets up computer hardware and software
and media equipment using pre-established standards, etc.
- Maintains computer and media equipment, especially
shared-use and public-site equipment; cleans the equipment;
replaces worn-out or missing parts; restores files, settings and
software to pre-established standards, etc.
- Operates computing and media equipment to perform routine
functions such as file backups, event videotaping, data entry,
server account maintenance, report generation, etc.
- Maintains records and supplies associated with assignments,
for example requests for service and status, counts of users in
classrooms and labs, status of equipment and software checked
out, maintenance parts in inventory, etc.
- Collaborates and teams with others on a variety of projects
related to the basic assignment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant technology tools sufficient to answer
routine customer questions about use.
- Skill in instructing others.
- Considerable skill in serving customers in a positive and
- Skill in routine setup, installation, maintenance and
operation of computer hardware and software and/or media
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
Associate's degree in technology or related field; OR, Two years'
experience providing information technology services; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Certificates from recognized programs that indicate mastery of tools
and techniques relevant to the assignment may substitute for up to
six months of experience.
Next: Technology Support Analyst Associate Job Description