Tutor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
students in order to improve their academic performance. Works
closely with both faculty and students to determine needs and extent
of tutoring required.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Conducts individualized tutorial sessions for students with
academic deficiencies; determines what skill areas require
- Designs and implements exercises and activities to
facilitate student's academic improvement.
- Maintains all records required to document student's
attendance and academic progress.
- Determines student's needs for assistance in other areas
such as counseling and refers as necessary.
- Schedules and conducts monthly conferences with student and
professor explaining evaluation of the student's progress.
- Conducts recruitment presentations to classes, informing
them of the tutorial assistance available.
- Arranges or assists in arranging various special academic
programs which are in addition to normal tutorial sessions.
- Assists with tutorial program evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of teaching techniques and academic programs.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in the appropriate field of assignment AND one
year of instructional experience at a high school or college level;
OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Utility Piping Specialist Job Description