Water Treatment Maintenance Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Operates and repairs water treatment equipment and/or systems which
may include plumbing, swimming pools, decorative fountains and water
a specialized classification and not part of a series. This is a
journey level classification.
Examples of Duties:
- Repairs and maintains pumps, meters, hoses, filters,
plumbing parts, water softeners, and other equipment.
- Replaces defective parts or installs new control devices to
maintain quality of water treatment.
- Inspects, disassembles, and repairs damaged or
malfunctioning control devices of water distribution systems.
- Tests and operates equipment to maintain proper level of
chemical and treatment.
- Tests water for chlorine and bacterial content for proper
water treatment and maintenance.
- Maintains logs of water facilities, which may include pH
level, chlorine content, temperature, and concentrations.
- Uses reverse osmosis to purify and treat water used in
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of water treatment equipment maintenance and
- Knowledge of treatment methods, chemicals,and safe chemical
- Skill in applying plumbing and equipment repair techniques.
years of general maintenance experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of education and/or experience from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. some positions
may require: possession of a current Arizona driverís license upon
Next: Welder Lead Job Description