Television Producer/Writer Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Develops, writes and produces scripts of news stories for television
segments or programs.
a specialized classification and not part of a series. This position
typically reports to the Executive Producer.
Examples of Duties:
- Develops, writes and produces scripts or news stories for
television segments or programs; researches topic, conducts
interviews and writes and edits own material.
- Edits, selects and dubs material for program inclusion.
- Coordinates the activities of support production staff to
ensure content, quality, style and image of programs are being
- Operates video-editing equipment.
- Assists show producers in planning and organizing the
content of the show.
- Delivers segments by reporting and narrating stories or
segments on the air.
- Participates in fundraising campaigns by preparing scripts;
may explain campaign and solicit contributions on the air.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of television broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of television production, editing and writing
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field AND one year of
experience in broadcast writing and producing; OR, Five years of
experience in broadcast writing and producing; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Television Production Manager Job Description