HVAC Assistant Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
urpose of Classification:
Supervises the installation, repair, overhaul, and maintenance of
HVAC refrigeration systems.
fourth in a series of five classifications. This classification
typically reports to the HVAC Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the work activities of subordinates.
- Plans and develops, assigns, and adjusts work methods and
procedures to meet schedules using knowledge of capacities and
capabilities of personnel and equipment.
- Inspects work in process to insure its completion within
allotted time limits and for acceptable quality standards.
- Trains employees in new methods or procedures, and remains
alert for opportunities to effectively decrease costs.
- Prepares estimates of proposed job costs to insure the most
effective utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Initiates measures to improve methods, equipment
performance, and quality of work.
- Prepares sketches of proposed work and assists in the design
and specifications of planned jobs or contracts.
- Maintains records and files, including the approval of time
cards and absences, and submits as required.
- Assists in the preparation of capital and operations
- Maintains correct stock levels of repair or replacement
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, engineers, and
others concerning equipment operations or maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HVAC/refrigeration tools, materials, and test
- Knowledge of installation techniques of HVAC/refrigeration
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Skill in reading and understanding schematics.
- Skill in analyzing HVAC/refrigeration malfunctions from
performance and test equipment readings and determining
- Skill in both verbal and written communications.
years of progressively responsible HVAC refrigeration equipment
installation, maintenance and repair experience, which includes one
year of supervisory experience; OR, Completion of a four-year
federally approved technical training program in the repair,
installation, and maintenance of HVAC refrigeration equipment; AND
two years of progressively responsible HVAC refrigeration
installation maintenance and repair experience which includes one
year of lead experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved. Some positions may require
Chloroflourocarbons Certification upon employment. Some positions
may require a current Arizona driver's license upon employment.
Next: HVAC Refrigeration Technician Job Description