Refuse Management Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
refuse management operations.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates with contractors for the removal of refuse from
- Coordinates with contractors and assists in the inspection
of university refuse facilities to identify equipment
maintenance and repair problems.
- Recommends improvements of the refuse system to the
- Analyzes and determines proposed location and size of refuse
containers and facilities.
- Monitors the transfer of refuse from university locations to
waste material sites for scheduled pick-up; may also conduct
actual transfer operations.
- Checks refuse removal rate charges and expenditures; informs
management of irregularities and provides recommendations for
- Coordinates with departments to communicate refuse policies
- Monitors the general maintenance and cleaning duties.
- Operates high-pressure spray washer for clean up.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of refuse management.
- Skill in leading the work of others.
- Skill in the operation of vehicles and equipment used for
years of refuse management experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Possession of an
Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.
Next: Research Nurse Job Description