Recycling Service Worker Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Incumbents participate in the loading and unloading of trucks and
schedule the collection of recyclable commodities. Incumbents work
under limited supervision and are responsible for advising the
university community of the proper disposal methods for recyclables.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Participates in loading and unloading trucks.
- Oversees vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- Assists in the baling of recyclable commodities.
- Assists in the sorting and cutting of book bindings
- Disposes of sensitive documents.
- Delivers collection containers as needed.
- Logs and tracks daily and weekly pick-ups.
- Communicates with customers regarding the proper techniques
for disposing recyclable commodities.
- Reports garbage spills/hazardous waste and contaminated
recycling bins/barrels to the proper university personnel.
- Advises university personnel about the recycling program and
designs pick-up schedule.
- Utilizes the computer to monitor work load and respond to
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Knowledge of the hazardous and applicable safety rules and
regulations in operating truck lifts and forklifts.
- Knowledge of and skill in using the proper techniques to
lift heavy items.
- Skills in communication.
- Knowledge of proper methods of disposing of hazardous
years of experience in operating a light truck, which includes six
months of experience in shipping/receiving and/or moving; OR, Any
equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Must
possess current Arizona driver's license upon employment.
Next: Refuse Management Supervisor Job Description