Sample Administrative Assistant Resume
1111 Plain Drive
Pleasantville, OH 44xxx
Home: 440-555-4444 Email: email@example.com
Fifteen years experience in administrative assistance
including bookkeeping, secretarial, and receptionist functions.
Reliable and conscientious employee who can work under direct or
indirect supervision. Major strengths in organization, accuracy and
attention to detail. Ability to complete assigned tasks efficiently
and enthusiastically. A team player who is attentive to detail and
able to work in a fast paced environment. Excellent oral and written
communication skills. Well organized, dependable professional who
takes pride in her work. Expertise in:
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access
Macintosh Operating Systems - School Accounting for
Activity Accounting II - Dbase III plus - Sasixp
ACME WIDGETS - Acme, OH
Operated the Company switchboard, directing calls as
appropriate and was the first contact for visitors to the office,
dealing with them as appropriate.
- Copied and mailed 50 75 invoices on a on a daily basis.
- Stamped and mailed the rest of all Company USPS, as well as
sorting the incoming mail.
- Ordered all office supplies and dealt with maintenance of
- Improved number of Sales Leads sent out to customers by 25%
- Coded faxed purchase orders for Customer Service and assisted
in entering orders when needed.
- Assisted Sales Manager and Accountant as necessary.
ACME WOMEN扴 SHELTER - Acme, OH
Managed and coordinated the front office and provided
support to six professional staff members including executive
- Created database of client information from all battered women
shelters in state, reducing excess paperwork and launching a
campaign for Day One Project for battered women.
- Prepared correspondence to Mayors/Senators in state, winning
full grant funding awards.
- Organized annual vigil nights to support deceased battered
woman抯 families, commemorating their loved ones.
- Devised a structured form that all administrative support used
to organize meeting set-ups, improving communication with
Message Center Operator
Operated the organization抯 switchboard, directing
calls as appropriate.
- Trained switchboard operator to route calls to proper
destinations and dispatch messages as well as forward faxes
utilizing PC based software providing more efficient communications.
- Organized supply area resulting in faster retrieval of items
which trimmed time employees needed to locate items and tracked
- Developed calendar and scheduled reservations for bridge
number reducing conflicts in schedules for teleconference calls.
2007 Lorain County Community College
- Produced and updated computerized data containing pertinent
information on employees and listings for company offices in other
regions improving communications to staff.
AJAX AREA SCHOOLS Ajax, IL 1992-2000
Oversaw accounts receivables, accounts payable,
general ledgers, including daily deposits. Compiled student insurance
as well as workers' compensation data. Applied local, state, and
federal guidelines to ensure appropriate use of funds within set
- Generated and presented data during staff development sessions
to promote better understanding of accounting guidelines
- Revised handbooks and provided current school board and state
policy information to teachers and students.
- Processed confidential documentation and correspondence.
- Trained and supervised office assistant.
Provided administrative support to Chief Financial
Officer and six staff members.
- Addressed office matters and emergencies in the absence of
- Managed circulation of computer materials and equipment.
- Implemented United Parcel Services processing for the school
- Conducted cost analysis for supplies to track resources spent
which allowed funds to be budgeted more effectively.
First point of contact for visitors to the office,
dealing with them as appropriate.
- Prepared appointment calendars, correspondence and reports.
- Followed specifications for issuing Illinois Work Permits for
students upon request and submitted the information to the
Department of Labor.
- Distributed incoming U.S. mail and inter-department mail.
Past President, International Association of
Administrative Professionals Acme Chapter
Member Acme Women抯 Association
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Office Occupations Certificate
Acme County Joint Vocational School
Administrative Professional Seminar
Effective Presentation Skills