Advertising Representative Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
designs and implements advertising programs for publications.
the first level in a series of two and typically reports to an
Advertising and Promotion Supervisor. It is distinguished from the
supervisor level in that the supervisor has overall programmatic
Examples of Duties:
- Contacts local and national agencies to schedule promotional
advertising for publication sales.
- Plans sales campaigns, special advertisement editions and
events to promote publication sales.
- Assists support personnel with copy-writing, layout and
- Assists with the interviewing, screening and selecting of
- Performs public relations functions within the local
community to enhance publication sales.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sales and promotion techniques, standards and
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
two years experience administering creative sales programs; OR, Four
years of experience administering creative sales programs; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Advertising Supervisor Job Description