Agency Contract Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates and maintains all agency affiliation contracts between
College of Nursing and clinical sites to ensure compliance with
established standards and requirements for the ongoing protection of
the College, students and the University.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Acts as primary liaison with affiliated agencies, legal
counsel and College of Nursing for coordination and
dissemination of contract related information to ensure ongoing
awareness of status.
- Receives and responds to new agency agreement requests and
renewal agreements; provides information regarding required
language, insurance and type of clinical experience provided to
ensure adherence with program requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors status of all affiliation contracts
between all interested parties including, but not limited to:
College of Nursing, clinical sites, legal counsel, faculty,
Office of General Counsel, Provost Office, Secretary of State
and Maricopa County Recorder’s Office.
- As appropriate, initiates contract negotiation process to
ensure terms and conditions align with requirements and
standards of the University, College as well as program
- Works closely and collaboratively with Office of General
Counsel for interpretation, modification and/or deletions to
contracts; reviews language, terms and conditions and identifies
areas of concern.
- Reviews and proofs for accuracy all contracts to ensure
adherence with established criteria; forwards to Dean for
signature and Provost Office for final approval/agreement.
- Works closely with agency legal counsel by providing
interpretation and explanation of the College and University’s
requirements; prepares revisions of clauses as needed; forwards
to Office of General Counsel for review/approval.
- Maintains all records, files and databases of contracts to
ensure ongoing availability of current information.
- Prepares a variety of activity, statistical and demographic
reports; provides assistance as requested for grant
- As Catalog Coordinator, maintains and updates College of
Nursing course catalog and class schedule for pre-requisite and
- Develops, maintains and revises as needed College of Nursing
web pages/web site to ensure information provided accurately and
effectively represents the programs and offerings.
- Performs all other job related activities as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques of
file/record maintenance and control.
- Knowledge of the practices and methods of contract review.
- Knowledge of the standards and requirements associated with
clinical component of nursing program.
- Knowledge of the practices and methods of web page
development and maintenance.
- Skill in utilizing effective communication both verbal and
written to positively influence a variety of audiences.
- Ability to apply good negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand service agreements and
- Ability to perform essential functions by stooping, bending,
reaching, standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities and respond
appropriately to ad hoc requests.
Associate’s degree in a related field and four (4) years contract
management experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Animal Care Supervisor Job Description