Athletic Facilities Maintenance Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates and schedules activities regarding preparation of
various facilities for athletic events. Oversees set up of facility
prior to event, cleaning of facility after event and maintenance of
grounds and equipment.
second in a series of three classifications and is distinguished
from the first level in that incumbents supervise maintenance
personnel. Incumbents in this classification must maintain a
flexible work schedule in order to accommodate evening and weekend
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises, trains, evaulates, and coordinates the
activities of subordinates; determines appropriate work
- Ensures preparation of all athletic facilities for sporting
events for all men's and women's sport teams including equipment
set up, ground maintenance, field preparation, and grandstand
- Maintains calendar of athletic events in order to coordinate
and schedule employees appropriately.
- Maintains supplies and equipment and purchases according to
department procedures as needed; recommends type and
specifications of larger equipment purchases; accepts vendor
- Coordinates maintenance of equipment and facilities such as
broken bleachers, lawnmowers, and the like; performs equipment
repairs and preventative maintenance tasks or contacts outside
vendor for repairs.
- Monitors setup of athletic facilities for rental events,
includeing setup of tents and/or other arrangements as required.
- Oversees daily maintenance of fields and other facilities
and ensures readiness for team practice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of facility and ground maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of athletic facility or ground maintenance experience which
includes 1 year supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Automotive Mechanic Job Description