Carpentry Assistant Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises Carpenters and trades helpers in the construction,
repair, restoration, and installation of structural woodwork and
third in a series of four classifications. This classification
typically reports to the Carpentry Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Assigns and inspects the work of Carpenters and Trades
Helpers, and initiates corrective measures to meet established
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage
schedules, priority of carpentry expenditures, and procedures
for equipment maintenance.
- Estimates material and labor.
- Selects and requisitions materials.
- Maintains time, payroll, and material records, and submits
- Coordinates with contractors, architects, and suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
the carpentry trade.
- Knowledge of cabinet-making techniques.
- Skills in the construction, repair, restoration, and
installation of wood or related materials.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements of work
- Skill in leading the work of others.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of progressively responsible carpentry experience which
includes one year of supervisory experience; OR, Completion of a
four-year federally approved technical training program in carpentry
AND four years of progressively responsible carpentry experience,
which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Carpentry Supervisor Job Description