Equipment Operator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Operates equipment in the support level of streets and grounds
maintenance programs. Working conditions include restricted
movement, intense noise, extreme temperatures, dirty environment,
lifting or carrying heavy objects.
first in a series of two classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Operates heavy equipment such as cranes, graders, and
bulldozers under guidance of Heavy Equipment Operator.
- Operates equipment such as backhoes, front-end loaders,
street sweepers, forklifts, tractor-trailers, tractors,boom,
bucket, water, and dump trucks.
- Operates lawnmowers, jackhammers, chain saws, trenchers,
generators, compressors, tampers, rollers, cement saws, core
drills, augers, sandblaster, and uses hand tools.
- Services and performs general and preventative maintenance
on heavy equipment and related equipment.
- Transports and delivers materials.
- Installs and maintains signs and fencing.
- Performs street maintenance and grounds excavation work.
- May remove snow from streets, walks, and parking lots.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of equipment operation.
- Skill in equipment operation.
years of equipment operation experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Possession of a
current Arizona Class B Commercial and Class D driver's license is
Next: Event Attendant Job Description