Health Educator Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
supervisor in the coordination, implementation, and presentation of
health education programs.
first in a series of three classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Assists in coordinating and implementing health education
- Assists in providing training services to individuals or
groups for health education programs.
- Responds to questions relating to health issues, providing
relevant information and/or referring person to appropriate
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and delegates assignments to
volunteers and students who assist with the activities.
- Lectures to university groups or classes, and for
non-university affiliated community groups.
- Reviews, chooses, and prepares educational materials used in
- Prepares health education information for the campus
newspaper and community-wide public relations resources for
health education information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health
- Knowledge of training methods, group dynamics, and community
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in presenting information in-group settings.
- Skill in leading and coordinating the work of others.
Bachelor's degree in Health Education or a related field; OR, Four
years of health education experience; OR, Any equivalent combination
of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge,
skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Health Educator Senior Job Description