Locksmith Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises the repair, installation, and servicing of locks and
related hardware. This is a first line supervisory classification.
third in a series of three classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Monitors the activities of subordinates.
- Estimates labor and materials.
- Schedules and prioritizes work.
- Requisitions materials and equipment.
- Inspects work of locksmiths and contractors.
- Reviews and recommends expenditures.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure staying within budget.
- Trains employees in basic and advanced locksmithing skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the techniques for repairing, installing and
servicing locks and related hardware.
- Skill in repairing, installing, and servicing locks and
years of locksmith experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Machinist Job Description