Mechanician Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Maintains and assists in the fabrication of research and laboratory
equipment, or performs routine machining, assembly, or fabrication
operations in a research or laboratory setting.
the first in a series of two classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Assembles parts by welding, brazing, and/or hard and soft
- Maintains and repairs laboratory equipment.
- Assists in the fabrication and assembly of research or
laboratory equipment or apparatus from working drawings.
- Utilizes a variety of hand and machine tools such as drill
presses, lathes, and milling and grinding machines.
- Utilizes basic precision measurement tools such as vernier
and micrometer calipers.
- Performs electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of machinist tools and machines.
- Knowledge of welding, brazing, and soldering.
- Skill in using machinist tools, machines and application of
years of machinist and/or general maintenance experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Mechanician Senior Job Description