Nursing Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
in the care of patients under the direction of nursing and medical
a specialized classification and not part of a series. Incumbents
are required to work with bio-hazardous material.
Examples of Duties:
- Observes, reports, and records information related to the
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Assists physician with physical examination of patient.
- Processes and sterilizes instruments, equipment, and
- Draws blood from patients for research studies.
- Cleans patient's room or designated areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in patient care.
Completion of a nursing assistant training program or equivalent;
OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been
Next: Nursing Supervisor Job Description