Publication/Production Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and coordinates newspaper's staff in production and reporting
procedures and oversees student workers in all facets of production
of a student newspaper.
first in a series of two classifications. Incumbents in this
classification may be required to work the evening shift.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates the activities of students.
- Coordinates production activities of the student newsroom
including layout, headlines, copy, fit and special graphics;
assists with problems that arise.
- Maintains supply inventory such as photographic paper and
chemicals and requisitions according to departmental policy
and/or budget constraints; maintains equipment and oversees
repairs as needed.
- Trains new, production staff and instructs new reporters and
editors in techniques and procedures of publications production.
- Assists with typesetting of job-work and advertisements for
newspaper and other student publications.
- Updates production and style manuals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of newspaper production, procedures and
- Knowledge of typesetting equipment and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years experience in newspaper and typesetting/camera production
which includes one year lead experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Radiation Control Specialist Job Description