Data Input Operator Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises the staff and operations of a data input section.
Establishes work priorities and plans workload of all data input
tasks in compliance with schedules and deadlines. Reviews and
analyzes all section output.
third in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from
the Data Input Operator Senior by the supervisory responsibilities.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Organizes and monitors workflow to maintain schedules and
- Adapts production schedules to meet changing priorities or
equipment and personnel capabilities.
- Reviews documents to interpret and/or code for data entry.
- Compiles a variety of reports on unit production, personnel
and operational information.
- Revises, maintains and updates procedures manuals, data
entry instructions, coding instructions, or other resource
- Confers with systems and programming personnel to write and
design data entry programs and/or data entry screens.
- Performs work of subordinates as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of data entry equipment, procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of the principles of supervision and training.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of experience operating data entry equipment, which includes
the completion of a three month training program in the operation of
data entry equipment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Desktop Publishing Specialist Job Description