Painting Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises the paint functions by planning, scheduling, assigning,
and monitoring the work of assigned staff.
fourth in a series of four classifications and typically reports to
an Assistant Director.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Schedules, assigns, and plans the work of paint shop
personnel performing a variety of painting projects.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage
schedules, priority of painting expenditures and procedures for
- Estimates material and labor.
- Monitors the acquisition and use of materials.
- Maintains time, payroll, and material records and submits
reports as required.
- Trains or informs employees of new work methods or
procedures, changes in safety regulations, and work policies.
- Ensures budgeting guidelines are met; prioritizes shop
expenditures to stay within budget; assists in preparation of
capital and operations budgets.
- Interprets University and department policies to assigned
personnel, and enforces safety regulations and adheres to proper
codes and standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
the painting trade.
- Skill in the preparation and application of paints to
different types of surfaces.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements of work
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
one half years of progressively responsible painting experience,
which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR, Completion of
a three year federally approved technical training program in
painting AND three and one half years of painting experience which
includes, one year of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Parking and Transportation Manager Job Description