Student Services Coordinator Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
direct supervision from Student Services Coordinator Senior,
provides student services to the students enrolled in a degree
program of study, ensuring that the identified goals and objectives
of the program are accomplished in accordance with established
priorities, standards of quality, and customer service.
the first in a series of three classifications. This position has no
decision-making responsibilities, no supervisory responsibilities,
and typically does not take part in the development of objectives,
policies and procedures.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides administration and coordination of program
activities and services for the students in a degree program,
under direction of Student Services Coordinator, Senior.
- Interprets program procedures, policies, goals and
objectives; counsels and confers with students providing
technical guidance, problem solving, and resolution.
- Provides student services to enrolled students, such as
course registration, graduation processing, petitioning, program
documentation, computer accounts, information sessions,
receptions, and annual student orientation program.
- Maintains student records on computer-based databases;
creates reports for administration; provides contact point for
enrolled student program information.
- Implements internal systems and materials for delivery of
- Liaison with program students and internal constituencies in
facilitating program objectives.
- Evaluates and analyzes student servicesí activity
effectiveness; develops recommendations; implements and takes
appropriate action to ensure efficiencies and accuracy, in
conjunction with Student Services Coordinator, Senior.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, and professional
- Implements curriculum goals and objectives as established by
faculty; provides necessary classroom setup, equipment and
materials as specified; provides staff support in production of
- Assists in providing cross training to program staff.
- Assists in development and production of program promotional
and information flyers, internal forms, and various materials to
facilitate student related activities and procedures and student
success in the program.
- Assists in development of workshops, meetings, and seminars
for students and faculty; coordinates logistics, scheduling and
participant communications, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational practices.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment ,OR,
Four years of progressively responsible administrative and program
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Student Services Coordinator Associate Job Description