Technology Services Specialist Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Consults with and advises users in the use of specialized equipment,
software, and/or data communications. Plans, directs, and conducts
repair and maintenance of computers, modems, communication networks,
terminals printers, high speed laser printers, copiers, fax machines
typewriters, and associated peripheral equipment to component level.
third in a series of five classifications. Incumbents in this
classification lead the work of lower level Technology Services
Specialists in performing complex, highly technical diagnostic and
repair activities and design and modification of equipment.
Incumbents perform technical repairs and may specialize in a
particular type of equipment. Some lifting of equipment is required.
Examples of Duties:
- Leads, directs and adjusts priorities of field service
personnel in normal and special maintenance, repair,
configurations and installation of electronic office machines
- Trains other maintenance personnel in repair and
preventative maintenance activities and procedures.
- Contacts vendors or vendor company engineers to discuss and
define problems and solutions; arranges for outside repair;
configures or designs networks.
- Installs software packages and/or equipment to include
configuration of software/hardware.
- Researches and diagnoses equipment, software, and
communication problems using various tests and equipment to
- Troubleshoots very difficult equipment, software and
communication problems; coordinates as liaison with other
departments on matters of network hardware and software
interfacing and services and problem resolution.
- Documents repair or work completed and/or estimates time and
cost of needed repair for customers.
- Markets organizational service and sales offerings to
departments; recommends hardware technology improvements.
- Recommends to management the needs of equipment site
including air conditioning, power requirements, grounding needs,
equipment hardware connection configuration, and facility
modification as required.
- Inventories assigned parts; reviews, analyzes, and
identifies sources and recommends purchases of parts, tools,
and/or supplies needed for building, repair, and maintenance of
- Assists with administrative functions, long term planning,
and communication of departmental goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electronic equipment appropriate to the
- Knowledge of equipment operating procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of application, networking or system software
products specific to assignment.
- Knowledge of the theory and application of electronic and/or
- Skill in the use of specialized technical equipment and
schematics used in the diagnosis of problems to the component
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Associateís degree AND three years of related work experience; OR,
Four Years of related work experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Valid Arizona
driverís license may be required for certain positions. CTIA A+
Certification, or certifiable within six months of hiring may be
required for certain positions.
Next: Technology Services Specialist Supervisor Job Description