Ticket Office Assistant Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
a Ticket Office Manager in planning, organizing and controlling the
operations of a central ticket office. Supervises employees on a
first in a series of two classifications and is distinguished from
the Ticket Office Manager in that incumbent is the first line
supervisor and reports to the Ticket Office Manager.
Examples of Duties:
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned
employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations
that are given particular weight regarding the employment status
of assigned employees.
- Assumes office management responsibilities in Ticket Office
Manager's absence; performs subordinates' jobs in their absence.
- Schedules employees for events and prioritizes workload to
meet Ticket Office operating requirements.
- Recommends new or revised department policies and
procedures; coordinates and implements improved changes in
policies and procedures affecting the Ticket Office; assists in
updating policy and procedure manual.
- Assists with customer service special needs or difficult
work activities of subordinates or other staff members;
evaluates and resolves problems presented by Ticket Office
- Applies functional knowledge to analyze and respond to
matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of policies and
department procedures; authorizes exceptions to policies within
- Answers inquiries and communicates information regarding
upcoming events or new developments within the department to the
press which requires independent judgement and discretion.
- Assists in setting prices for various activities and events.
- Trains subordinate staff in customer service, ticketing
system (e.g., data entry, ticket printing), balancing ticket
sales, phone sales and various clerical duties.
- Accumulates and tabulates hours of part-time employees
(e.g., students, ancillaries, temporary employees) and reports
to departmental payroll representative.
- Recommends organizational adjustments to efficiently and
effectively accomplish assigned objectives for Ticket Office
- Interacts with departmental business office, priority
ticketing, marketing/promotions and event management to
accomplish ticket operation objectives.
- Assists in ensuring reliability and accuracy of ticketing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computerized ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of ticketing office operations.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in organizing work of self and others.
years of related ticket office experience which includes one year
supervisory experience; OR, Associate's degree in Business
Administration or related field AND three years of ticket office
experience which includes one year supervisory experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Ticket Office Manager Job Description