Technician Resume Sample
3881 Main Street
Anywhere, Ohio 44444
Experienced Technical Professional who works well
with minimum supervision. Computer literate, with strong electronic,
electrical and mechanical skills. Customer oriented problem solver
with an ability to adapt to new situations. A quick learner with a
desire for continuous personal growth. A reliable, hard working, and
dedicated team player who works well under pressure. Diverse technical
- NICET Level III in Fire Alarm Systems
- AutoCAD 2000
- Telephone PBX and Network Systems
- Security Systems and Closed Circuit
- Paging and Audio/Video Systems
- Component Level Troubleshooting
ABC Fire Prevention -
Somewhere, Ohio 2001 - Present
Major fire protection company.
Design Engineer II
Design hardware layout and programming for fire alarm
control panels according to customer specifications and all applicable
standards. Prepare drawings to specifications using AutoCAD 2000.
Provide technical support to field personnel and electrical
- Co-developed and tested template program for new addressable
audio evacuation amplifier that provided a base program to be used
by systems engineering and technical support personnel.
- Analyzed an existing fire control program and duplicated
operations in newer operating system that provided the customer with
an affordable upgrade path.
AJAX COMMUNICATION - Acme
Center, Ohio 1999-2000
Provider of business telephone and voice mail
Repaired and serviced moves, adds and changes to
telephone PBX systems. Switch types included Siemens/Rolm, Iwatsu and
- Improved customer response time by creating and implementing
Intranet-based customer request form for service changes and
- Reduced telephone faceplate print time 75 % by designing Excel
templates for each phone type.
Lorain County Community College Employment and Career Services
TERRY TECHNICIAN PAGE 2
GLOBAL BUSINESS SYSTEMS - Acme, OH 1997-1999
World抯 leading ….
Customer Support Representative
- Installed and repaired banking equipment, controllers, servers,
printers, workstations and personal computers on customer premises.
- Orchestrated construction of computer rooms, from receiving and
approving bids through completion.
- Sold cabling, battery backups, disaster recovery, air
conditioning and other services.
- Provided help desk support for personal computers.
- Documented parts inventory using remote data collection
computer for direct central site processing.
- Effectively managed overtime and callouts.
WIZARD ELECTRONICS- Acme, OH 1995-1997
Provider of .... systems ....
Provided wiring and installation information to
electrical contractors, programming systems to engineer抯
specifications, tested and guaranteed acceptance by the authority
- Successfully supported wiring of the following major
construction projects in the community: XXX, XXX, XXX and XXX.
- Researched and modified fire alarm hardware and software to
provide customer with small remote emergency paging stations.
- Eliminated time required by industrial fire brigade to reset
non-alarm fire panels by devising an automatic reset process.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Associate of Arts, Electrical Engineering
Stark Technical College - Canton, OH
Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, OH
Telecommunication / Network sequence
Industry sponsored training seminars:
PROTECTOWIRE Fire Systems, linear heat detectors
Vision Systems VESDA, aspirating smoke detection